Saturday 4 August 2012

Mid-Year Check In


Welcome back little critters! Just a quick update so you don't think I've forgotten about you... Kevin and I have been in New Zealand for six whole months already! Can you believe it? Time has certainly flown by.

Winter is in full swing here in Wellington, full of blue skies and sunshine. After both suffering from an almost week-long cold virus, it's nice to feel healthy and be able to breathe through my nose again. So yesterday, Kevin took me out for a lovely and most delicious breakfast in at Scorch-O-Rama in Scorching Bay. I don't think I have ever eaten something so darn tasty. I ordered the cinnamon french toast with berry compote and "goop" (custard), and Kevin got the scorch-o-rama-lama-ding-dong. If the title doesn't give it away, it pretty much had every savoury breakfast food on one plate. With a fabulous view, there is really no better way to spend a Saturday morning.





We then spent the evening at the New Zealand International Film Festival where we saw a screening of Shut Up and Play the Hits, a documentary on the final days of LCD Soundsystem. If you have a chance, I highly recommend seeing this. I felt so nostalgic through the entire film and am grateful that Kevin and I were able to share their second last show in our 48-hour whirlwind trip to New York last March. Go see it!


Short and sweet, I know. But I have a lot of reading to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment